We have built a great platform to help you sell your artwork online. You have a great artwork, that’s cool! But you also need to think how it will fit on the products.
These questions cover everything to help you design for Designhill PrintShop.
- How can I be a part of Artist Community?
- What are the Dimensions and Formats for Designing?
- Why should I upload my design in PNG format only?
- Which Color Profile works best for print?
- How can I optimize my designs for print?
- How to use Gradients and Halftones?
- What are Raster Graphics and Vector Graphics?
- Which all products can I design for?
How to Design for a T-shirt:
To go through this tutorial, you need to—
- Download our t-shirt template (link of t-shirt template)
- Editing software that you like such as Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
Once the template is downloaded pull it using your editing software. Get familiar with the different size zones mentioned in the template.
The size zones define the placement of your artwork.
- Each area inside the GREY portion is the safe area for your artwork.
- You can easily create designs that fit the size zone and continue with the other side. But make sure that you keep the placement in mind.
Let’s get started!
- Open your editing software
- Start by creating a new layer. Name it ‘Front’.
- Click File — > Place Embedded and choose the artwork you want to work with.
- Do the adjustment with your artwork using Move & Transform tools.
- Once you are happy with the design, create a duplicate layer and Save it as ‘Back’.
- Adjust the design as required.
- Once you are happy with the new layer design, remove the template layer.
- Save your design by hitting File —> Export —> Save for Web. Save as PNG24
Note: Transparency is optional but suggested if your artwork doesn’t overlap the whole template.