Leaving feedback is a great way to convey changes one would like to see to the designs they receive in their contest or project. We understand that leaving feedback for visual designs isn’t always the easiest thing to do with written text, which is why we’ve come up with a powerful tool to ease the communication between clients and their designers, the Annotation tool.
Annotation tool is a great way to provide feedback that relates to specific elements within the designer's design.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on using the tool:
1. Click and drag: You can add annotation by either clicking on the design or clicking and dragging your mouse over the design area you want to leave a comment on. The comments will be specified by the highlighted boxes along with a coloured numerical pins. These comments can be viewed by clicking on the such highlighted boxes or these numerical pins. Please refer to the image below:
2. Serial numbers: All annotation will be assigned unique serial numbers for easy reference. Your first annotation will be marked as "1", second annotation will be marked as "2" and so on. These serial numbers will be assigned automatically as you start making new annotations. Serial numbers makes it easy to refer to a particular annotation for quick feedback between clients and designers. Please refer to the image below:
3. Mark them as done/complete: When the purpose of a specific annotation gets completed i.e. the designer has made all the requested revisions or changes, then you can mark it as completed. It makes it easy for both clients and designers to know which annotation are complete and which are not.
To mark an annotation as done, simply click on the annotation to open the comments window and click on the "Done" button. It will mark that particular annotation as completed by changing the color of the pin to green and adding a "✓" symbol.
4. Delete annotations: To delete an annotation, simply click on the annotation to open the comments window and click on the "Delete" button. It will delete the annotation permanently. If you deleted an annotation accidentally then you can click on the green "Undo" button which appears on top of the image. Please refer to the image below:
5. Color coding: You can change the color of annotations to distinguish them and prioritise your work accordingly. You man use a single color for a particular design change.
To change the color of an annotation, simply click on the annotation to open the comments window. On top of the window you will see 5 colored circles, click on any of the colored cirlcles to change the color of the annotation. Please refer to the image below:
6. Chat on annotation: This is one of the most important features of our Annotation tool. You can now chat on a specific annotation to avoid any confusion. This chat option enables easy communication between designer and client.
To leave feedback and chat on a particular annotation, simply click on the annotation to open the comments window. Leave any feedback you have and scroll inside the popup to see the chat history for this annotation. Please refer to the image below:
7. No limits on annotation: You can create unlimited number annotations to request as many changes as you want.
Pro Tip: If you leave a lot of comments you may find that the design becomes cluttered with Annotations and the design itself may become hard to see. If this happens you can toggle the annotations on and off by clicking the switch above the design.
When there are too many annotations on screen obstructing your design you switch on or off all the annotations at once as per your convenience. Please refer to the image below: